What is Output Management?
The timely delivery of documents to any business is critical,
be it an invoice so that you are paid on time, or an urgent purchase
order to buy vital stock.
Output Management is all about improving the way you generate and
deliver documents from your ERP system. According to independent
research by the Gartner Group, Forms and Document management
can cost up to 15% of a company's total revenue. Output Management
systems give a company the ability to replace the majority
of its traditional paper based systems by providing distributed
information electronically where and when it is needed and
in the form required. Users of ERP systems are no longer satisfied
with congested line printer reports, printed centrally, which
then require distribution to their final destination. In addition,
standard output often needs a considerable amount of redesign in order
to produce the report a user will actually use. This is even
more critical with documents that are distributed to customers
Key Areas Addressed by Formate
- Capture output from your legacy application in a variety of ways including file submission or through a virtual printer,
so normally no changes will be required to your legacy applications.
- Modify standard printed output into the format required e.g. add or
remove fields, incorporate logos, change fonts, add signatures or bar-codes.
- Conditional processing allows documents to be tailored to your customers'
needs (every customer can receive a personalised version of the document).
- Print to any technology of printer supported by Windows: laser, thermal, inkjet, digital copier or dot matrix, in mono or colour.
- Automatically create faxes, emails, PDFs, MS-Word documents, Excel workbooks, XML files, and dynamic HTML web pages.
- Distribute information to where it's needed.
- Allow users to view documents electronically.
- Automatically archive documents (see the Alchemy White Paper).
- Reduce ERP implementation time.
Case Study - Viscount Catering
See how one customer experienced the benefits of Formate Output Management (PDF, 167KB)
Output management is not simply a method of replacing pre-printed stationery, it is a stepping stone to a fully integrated document management system.